USA Travel Guide
Location: The USA is in North America and has 50 States. It borders Canada to the North and Mexico to the South and is bordered by three oceans: the Pacific Ocean to the west, the Atlantic Ocean to the East, and the Arctic Ocean to the north.
Get Here: via Plane with Momondo
Currency: United States Dollar (USD) – check the latest exchange rate here
Electrical Plug Fixture: Type A & B (Grab yourself a universal adapter and you’ll never have to worry about having the right plug again!)
Capital City: Washington DC
Other Major Cities: Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, San Fransisco, Texas, Boston, San Diego, Houston, Philadelphia, Dallas, Seattle, San Antonio, Denver, Nashville, Atlanta, Miami, Phoenix, New Orleans, Memphis, El Paso, Las Vegas,
Famous For: Way too many things to list.. but I think GQ has it covered with their List of the 101 Most American Things in ‘Murica
When To Visit: You can travel to the USA at any time of year, with it’s seasons mirroring those of other northern hemisphere countries. Spring and Summer are between March and August; Winter is between September and February. March/April and August/September provide optimum temperatures and fewer crowds.
Visa Requirements: A Visa Waiver Program (ESTA) is in place for citizens of several countries, which allows those citizens to enter the USA for a period of 90 days without a visa. However, with most countries, Visa requirements change often, and I urge you to check with the State Department a few months prior to your intended arrival.
Travel Within The USA: The best American adventures come from road tripping and you can get cheap car hire with HolidayAutos. However if you are short on time, it may be worth throwing in a few internal flights to get you from A to B. Check out Skyscanner & Momondo for the best deals!
Travel Vaccinations: There are no specific exotic vaccination requirements for visiting the USA, however it is expected that you ensure your basic/routine immunizations are up to date.
Coast To Coast Roadtrip! LA to New York in 3-4 weeks
- LA To NYC Coast to Coast Roadtrip in 3-4 Weeks
(Santa Monica – Los Angeles – Las Vegas – Zion National Park – Horseshoe Bend – Antelope Canyon – Grand Canyon National Park – Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park – Santa Fe – Roswell – Carlsbad Caverns – Luckenbach – San Antonio – Austin – Sam Houston Jones State Park – New Orleans – Graceland – Memphis – Nashville – Virginia – Washington DC – Philadelphia – New York)
- Arches National Park Hikes & Travel Guide
- Things To Do in Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
- Things to Do in Yellowstone + How to Plan your Trip!
- 13 Amazing Things to do in Yosemite (+ Handy Yosemite Guide!)
- 48 Hours in Chicago: Where To Stay, What To Do & Where To Eat
- 10 BEST Day Trips from Chicago (that are totally worth the $$)
- The Best Hotels in Chicago for Every Budget (Coming Soon)
- 15 BEST Things to do in Orlando (for Adults!)
- Where to stay in Florida: The Best Florida Neighbourhoods for your next Vacation
- Viva Las Vegas! The Best Things To Do, See and Eat in Sin City
- The Best Tours & Day Trips from Las Vegas
- Where to Stay in Las Vegas – Options for every budget!
- 30+ FREE Things to do in Las Vegas – for those days where you just can’t spend (lose!) anymore money!
- 48 Hours in Los Angeles: Where To Stay, What To Do & Where To Eat
- The Best Hotels in LA for Every Budget (Coming Soon)
- Incredible Things To Do in New York & How To Explore Like A Local
- 20+ FREE Things to do in New York City
- The Best Hotels in NYC for Every Budget (Coming Soon)