Quick Info Africa
Status: Worlds 2nd largest continent covering 30.3 million km squared
Population: 1.216 Billion (in 2016) – 16% of the worlds population
Countries within: 54 + 9 Territories + 2 de facto independent states with limited recognition.
Languages Spoken: Over 1000 (some experts estimate almost 2000!)
Religion: Major faiths are Islam and Christianity
- The Longest River in the world (The Nile)
- The Oldest Desert in the world (Sahara)
- Victoria Falls – the largest waterfall in Africa and one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World
- Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest ‘free-standing’ mountain in the world
- The African Elephant is the worlds largest land animal
- The Giraffe is the Worlds tallest animal
- The Cheetah is the Worlds fastest animal
- Africa is home to the worlds biggest reptile – the Nile Crocodile; and
- The Gorilla, found in Africa’s jungles, is the worlds largest Primate.
FIRST – READ:
THE BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN AFRICA
30+ African Adventures for your Africa Bucket List
30 Movies About Africa to Inspire Your Visit to the Continent
50+ African Safari Animals – Pics, Facts & Where to Find Them!
Then click to READ MORE ABOUT countries within AFRICA:
read more about AFRICA