Travel Guide for Canada
Location: Located in the continent of North America, Canada covers 9,093,507 square kilometers of land and 891,163 square kilometers of water, making it the 2nd largest nation in the world with a total area of 9,984,670 square kilometers.
Language: English, French
Get Here: via Plane with Momondo
Currency: Canadian Dollar (CAD) – check the latest exchange rate here
Electrical Plug Fixture: Type A & B (Grab yourself a universal adapter and you’ll never have to worry about having the right plug again!)
Capital City: Ottawa
Other Major Cities: Vancouver, Quebec
- Canada is famous for a few food stuffs, namely Maple Syrup, Canadian Bacon & Poutine
- As joint custodian of Niagara Falls
- Famous Canadians include Celine Dion, Jim Carey, Justin Bieber and movie director, James Cameron
- As the inventors of Ice Hockey and Basketball
- Canada has more lakes than any other country in the world – The province of Ontario alone contains about a third of the world’s freshwater, spread over 250,000 lakes.
- Canada has a reputation for having clean air and for being a safe country to travel to and within.
- Other famous Canadian inventions include sonar, the telephone, canola oil, the snowmobile, snowblowers, walkie-talkies, the foghorn, the electron microscope, the pacemaker, the alkaline battery, garbage bags, the paint roller, plexiglass, peanut butter, the pager, the Java programming language, and the Blackberry.
- 10 Incredible Places to Visit in Alberta Canada
- Socially Responsible Hotels and Where To Find Them (Banff Hotel Feature)
- 15 Unmissable Things to do in Banff in Summer
- Responsible Travel & How Your Trip Can Help Local Communities
- Socially Responsible Hotels and Where To Find Them (Hotel Feature)