Quick Info France
Location: Western Europe – and shares a border with 8 different countries! (Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Luxembourg, Monaco, Andorra and Switzerland)
Get Here: via Train with Rail Europe, Plane with SkyScanner or Automobile (your own car or hired with AutoEurope)
Currency: Euro (€) – check the latest exchange rate here
Electrical Plug Fixture: Type F (grab a universal adapter and you’ll never have to worry about which plug you need again)
Capital City: Paris
Other Major Cities: Lyon, Strasbourg, Bordeux
Learn the Language: The Best Cities to Learn French in France
Famous For: Luxury Ski Resorts, haute couture, cars, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, The Tour de France, wine, cheese and gourmet food!
Famous People and Brands: Dior, Givency, Channel, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, The Michelin Guide, The Statue of Liberty (given to the USA as a gift in 1886), Les Miserables (my favorite musical), Gérard Depardieu, Bridgette Bardot and Napoleon.
- Top 10 Reasons to Visit Paris
- Top 20 Free Things To Do in Paris – because the city of light doesn’t have to break the bank!
- The Perfect Itinerary for 3 Days in Paris – What to Do, Where to Stay & What to Eat
- 16 of the BEST Day Trips from Paris: Castles, Culture, Wine & even other countries!
- 35+ Unmissable Things to do in Paris (inc. Map)
- 35 Essential Paris Travel Tips to Know Before You Go
- 60+ Hidden Gems in Paris (inc. Map)
- 25 Iconic Paris Landmarks (inc. Map)
- 30+ Incredible Films Set in Paris
- 70 Basic French Prases & Words That Are Perfect for Travel
- Where to Stay in Paris: The Best Hotel & Hostels to Suit Any Budget (coming soon)
- The Best Paris Guide Books (that you’ve probably never heard of!)