Quick Info Europe
Status: Surrounded by Arctic Ocean, Atlantic Ocean & the Mediterranean Sea, it covers 10.1 million km squared (approx 2% of the earths surface.)
Population: 743.1 million (in 2017) – 9.94% of the worlds population
Countries within: 50 + 5 States with limited recognition Languages Spoken: 225 (in 2015)
Religion: 72% of the population identify with factions of Christianity & 18% do not identify as part of any religion (in 2012)
- Varied and Impressive Architecture throughout the different countries within its boundaries: Italy has the Colusseum and Leaning Tower of Pisa; France has the Eiffel Tower; Germany has the Reichstag and Brandenburg Tor – the list is endless!
- Castles are scattered throughout the continent (Neuschwanstein (Germany) Malbork (Poland) Prague Castle, Buda Castle, and a few hundred in the UK – to name a few!)
- It was at the center of two world wars.
- Home to the two oldest volcanoes in the world (Etna & Vesuvius)
- It contains both the largest and smallest countries in the world (Russia and The Vatican)
- The British Empire – at is height – was the largest in history