Welcome to MakeTimeToSeeTheWorld!
Hi! I’m Vicki, a lawyer from the UK who took the long route (9+ years!) to professional qualification – before realizing 3 month later that it wasn’t what I wanted anymore. I walked away from a corporate salary to focus on inspiring others to MakeTimeToSeeTheWorld
through this website and travel writing for other publications.
Originally from a small town outside Manchester in the UK, I settled in Melbourne, Australia after 4 years traveling around the world. In that time I worked for Walt Disney World in Florida, USA, ran 5 different hotels in the French, Swiss & Austrian Alps and spent any spare time I had exploring the globe.
I met my partner, Gavin, a chef, in my first winter season, back in 2008 and we have been traveling the world ever since. Together we have visited 39 countries across Europe, South America, Africa, Asia and Australasia – with so many more to go!
We are skiers, scuba divers and foodies with a passion for travel – and we love to share our adventures.
Following 4 years of non-stop travel, we have settled in Melbourne and can honestly say we prefer the part-time travel lifestyle. We are firm believers that travel and a regular 9 to 5 job are not exclusive – and that you don’t have to be a millionaire to travel well and often. There is a great big, beautiful world out there – and we want to experience everything it has to offer!
Our highlights so far have included:
- Bungee Jumped (Auckland Harbour Bridge) & Skydived from 14,000ft over 2 days in Auckland, New Zealand
- Scuba Dived the Great Barrier Reef, Queensland, Australia
- Kayaked in Halong Bay, Vietnam
- Visited Angkor Archaeological Park, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Gazed upon the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican City
- Parapented over snow covered alps in Courcheval, France.
- Helicopter Ride with Glacier Landing in Queenstown, New Zealand
- Bathed an Elephant as a Mahout for the day in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Took a Gondola ride along the Grand Canal in Venice, Italy
- Scuba Dived with Bull Sharks in open water at Sail Rock, Koh Phangan, Thailand
Work with me
I would love to partner with sponsors that would allow us to travel and experience new places and attractions – both in Australia and the wider world – and encourage you to visit our Work With Me page and contact me here with your suggestions, or email me at maketimetoseetheworld(at)gmail(dot)com
I am on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter and invite you to all to join me from your desks as I catalog the highlights of past trips and plan for the next. Whether you’re looking for destination guides or experience reviews – I’m sure they’ll be something on the blog to encourage your wanderlust and ultimately, I hope I can inspire everyone to maketimetoseetheworld.